Recent research by organizations like the Barna Group, LifeWay Christian Resources and others indicates that as many as 80% of the Evangelical churches in America are in decline. Is this disturbing trend true of Restoration Movement churches as well?
To help answer that question, Kairos Legacy Partners has launched Phase 1 of a multi-year research project to collect data and provide information about the history and health of our Independent Christian Churches and Churches of Christ.
- Phase 1 commenced in April 2014 with a survey instrument which has been distributed widely in both print and online formats. A key to the success of this project is in obtaining the cooperation of as many local churches as possible. Therefore, we welcome your participation by completing the survey to help us understand more about the unique story of your church.
- Phase 2 anticipates a more detailed exploration of both the internal and external cultural dynamics which affected the life-cycle and ministry vitality of the Phase 1 survey respondents.
- Phase 3 will compare the cultural dynamics of new and growing churches with older, more established churches to determine what changes will lead to more effective Kingdom ministry.
This is a very important project! So much so that a number of our leading Churches and Ministry Organizations are endorsing this research – and encouraging you to participate – which will give us the most complete picture of the history and health of our Restoration Movement Churches possible.
Here’s just a partial list of those endorsing ministries. Please feel free to contact them if you would like further verification about the importance and value of this project:
- Capital Area Christian Church – Don Hamilton, Senior Pastor
- Church Development Fund – Dusty Rubeck, President
- Hope International University – Dr. John Derry, President
- International Conference on Missions – Dave Empson, Director
- Indian Creek Christian Church – Dr. Gary Johnson, Senior Pastor
- Milligan College – Dr. Bill Greer, President
- North American Christian Convention – Larry Collins, Executive Director
- Orchard Group – Brent Storms, President
- Provision Ministry Group – Larry Winger, CEO
- Stadia: New Church Strategies – Greg Nettle, President
Thank you in advance for your participation!